RAEFORD, N.C. - Albert Steve "Pete" Slezak of Raeford, formerly of Fairfield, died Wednesday, Feb. 12. He was 91.
Slezak was born June 28, 1922, and raised in Bridgeport. He had been a resident of Fairfield for many years before moving to North Carolina to be with his daughters and their families.
A World War II veteran, he served in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Oberon and was recognized with many medals of honor. He was an auto mechanic and a retired employee of Manis Jeep Eagle Dodge Dealership in Norwalk.
Slezak is survived by his daughters, Patricia Wolak (Kevin), Susan Michaud and her fiancé, Keith Ganzler; and three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren, a nephew and two nieces. He was predeceased by his wife, Virginia Imre Slezak; parents, Stephen and Julia Wycoff Slezak; and sister, Jeanne S. Lesko.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will take place Tuesday, Feb. 18, at 9:45 a.m. in the funeral home and at 10:30 a.m. in St. Thomas Church, Fairfield. Interment with full military honor will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director