DARIEN, Conn. -- The YWCA Darien/Norwalk has appointed Heather Cavanagh as its new executive director.
Cavanagh will take over the position on Monday, April 21. A resident of Darien, Cavanagh brings more than 20 years of nonprofit leadership to the YWCA. Her past experience includes executive director roles at the Darien Chamber of Commerce, as well as of the Westport and the South Kingstown Chambers of Commerce.
“I am delighted to welcome Heather as our new ED," said Deborah Papaeconomou, interim president of the Board of Directors. "She brings the deep leadership experience, global vision of communities and local knowledge that will be critical to the success of our ongoing efforts to execute our vision of a YWCA Darien/Norwalk ‘For Every Woman.’"
“I have a strong passion for helping those in need and I have spent much of my life working to make a difference and transform lives. I look forward to helping the YWCA craft effective programs in support of its mission,” said Cavanagh.
YWCA representatives said Cavanagh's "rich professional experience has encompassed nonprofit leadership, corporate business development, public relations, sales and a proven record of successful relationship building," according to a press release.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint