DARIEN, Conn. -- The YWCA of Darien/Norwalk is ringing in the new year by hosting job-search training classes.
The YW’s Job Search Support program offers computer classes for women, focusing on skills often required for employment such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Morning and evening classes begin Jan. 8.
"As individuals ring in the New Year, many will make the resolution of revamping their resume in order to find new employment," representatives said. "The YW’s Job Search Support program provides guidance for women in all stages of the job search process. A free half-hour consultation is offered for resume review or to discuss any aspect of the job search."
In addition to computer classes, the YWCA is offering one-on-one resume writing assistance and job search coaching.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk
- 5 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student