DARIEN, Conn. -- The YWCA of Darien/Norwalk is ringing in the new year by hosting job-search training classes.
The YW’s Job Search Support program offers computer classes for women, focusing on skills often required for employment such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Morning and evening classes begin Jan. 8.
"As individuals ring in the New Year, many will make the resolution of revamping their resume in order to find new employment," representatives said. "The YW’s Job Search Support program provides guidance for women in all stages of the job search process. A free half-hour consultation is offered for resume review or to discuss any aspect of the job search."
In addition to computer classes, the YWCA is offering one-on-one resume writing assistance and job search coaching.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk