NORWALK, Conn. Its books and seminars this week in Norwalk. Here is whats happening April 30May 3:
- Main Norwalk Library 9 a.m.-7 p.m.: Its the second-to-last day of the library book sale, and if you show up with a bag you can fill it and pay only $4 per bag.
- East Norwalk Library 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.: The Common Council will hold the third in a series of Council Conversations. The meetings give Norwalkers the opportunity to express their views and ask questions of council members.
- Main Norwalk Library 9 a.m.-noon: All books are free on the last day of the Norwalk Library book sale.
- 83 East Ave. 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m.: Dr. Annie Abram brings 25 years of clinical and practical expertise in mindful parenting to the public in the form of three distinct four-week groups. There are two classes Tuesday: 10:30 a.m.-noon on Women and Divorce and 5 p.m.-7 p.m. on Great Grandparenting.
- 83 East Ave. 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Dr. Annie Abram is holding a group for first-time mothers, Mommy to Be, and Mommy and Me for first-time mothers in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Norwalk City Hall 7 p.m.-9 p.m.: Teachers and parents who work with children to help them read will enjoy a presentation by Dr. Lydia H. Soifer and gain insight into the interaction between language development and reading.
- Norwalk Continental Manor 7:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Fairfield County Sports is holding a celebrity breakfast with U.S. soccer player Kristine Lilly. The event will raise money for the Chelsea Cohen Fitness Academy. For more information visit www.fairfieldcountysports.com .
Main Norwalk Library 9 a.m.-2 p.m.: A Workplace Program specialist will discuss eligibility for training and education scholarships with interviewees regarding their foreclosure status. For more information, call 203-610-8584.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.