NORWALK, Conn. — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day honors the passing of one of the nation’s celebrated leaders. To celebrate his life, Norwalk's local government and other municipal buildings are closing Monday.
All of Norwalk's schools also will be closed Monday for students and teachers. The board of education will be out of the office, too.
Norwalk City Hall and all its offices throughout the community will be closed in observance of the federal holiday.
Additionally, the U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail that day.
Some banks will be closed. Check with your individual bank to find out if it will be open.
Most stores and attractions also will be open Monday. If you're heading out, don't forget to check with those locations to make sure they will be open.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk