NORWALK, Conn. — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day honors the passing of one of the nation’s celebrated leaders. To celebrate his life, Norwalk's local government and other municipal buildings are closing Monday.
All of Norwalk's schools also will be closed Monday for students and teachers. The board of education will be out of the office, too.
Norwalk City Hall and all its offices throughout the community will be closed in observance of the federal holiday.
Additionally, the U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail that day.
Some banks will be closed. Check with your individual bank to find out if it will be open.
Most stores and attractions also will be open Monday. If you're heading out, don't forget to check with those locations to make sure they will be open.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured