WESTON, Conn. -- A Weston man faces five to eight years in prison in the drunken driving crash that killed his friend last fall in Norwalk, according to the Hour.
Matthew Faillace, 33, of Davis Hill Road, pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular manslaughter on Thursday, according to the Hour.
Faillace was driving a 2000 Porsche Boxster S on West Rocks Road in Norwalk on Sept. 1, 2013, when his car struck a curb and left the road, according to accident investigators. The car struck a street sign and a tree before coming to rest in the road, police said.
Both Faillace and a passenger, 25-year-old Bridgeport resident Maikol Chumasero, were taken to Norwalk Hospital with serious injuries, police said. Chumasero died of his injuries on Sept. 5, according to police reports.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury