Updated: NORWALK, Conn. -- East Rocks Road reopened Tuesday evening after it was closed most of the day due to a water main break, the Norwalk Police Department said via Twitter.
Original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- East Rocks Road in the area of Allen Road in Norwalk is closed Tuesday morning after a water main break.
The water main break was reported shortly after 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Crews from the First District Water Department are on the scene working to repair the water main. Customers in the area may experience no water, low pressure or dirty water while repairs are being completed, according to the First District Water Department's website.
Norwalk police recommend that motorists use detours and avoid the area.
- 1 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station