Updated: NORWALK, Conn. -- East Rocks Road reopened Tuesday evening after it was closed most of the day due to a water main break, the Norwalk Police Department said via Twitter.
Original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- East Rocks Road in the area of Allen Road in Norwalk is closed Tuesday morning after a water main break.
The water main break was reported shortly after 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Crews from the First District Water Department are on the scene working to repair the water main. Customers in the area may experience no water, low pressure or dirty water while repairs are being completed, according to the First District Water Department's website.
Norwalk police recommend that motorists use detours and avoid the area.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk