NORWALK, Conn. -- Do you have big items you are looking to get rid of? The city of Norwalk will holds its fall Bulky Item Collection throughout the month and again in spring.
Heavy or bulky items must be placed by the curbside by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
Here is the 2015-16 schedule:
- Saturday, Oct. 17, for residents with Monday garbage collection;
- Saturday, Oct. 24, for residents with Tuesday garbage collection;
- Saturday, Oct. 31 for residents with Wednesday garbage collection;
- Saturday, April 16, for residents with Thursday garbage collection, and
- Saturday, April 23, for residents with Friday garbage collection.
Bulky or heavy items that can be disposed of include:
- rolled rugs and carpets, no more than 4 feet wide,
- metal items,
- lumber, cut into pieces no more than 4 feet long,
- large toys,
- household appliances and
Doors must be removed from any appliances.
Items should not be placed near mailboxes, fences, utility poles or block streets. Do not put out items for longer than 48 hours before pickup.
Items that are considered hazardous and can't be collected include:
- vehicles and motor parts, including motorcycles, trailers, etc.
- propane tanks, which can be disposed of at the Norwalk Transfer Station;
- yard waste,
- tires, and
- construction and remodeling debris, including concrete, sheetrock, masonry, toilets, sinks, pipes, shingles, tiles and furnaces.
In addition, clothing should be donated or thrown away in regular trash cans.
Don't throw large or bulky items on top of your neighbor's pile or property.
For more information, call Customer Service at 203-854-3200 or visit www.norwalkct.org
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.