NORWALK, Conn. -- Machines, gadgets, all things technology inspire the artwork at a new exhibit at the Maritime Garage Gallery titled "Thingamabob" that will run from Wednesday through April 25.
“Thingamabob” features art that is in the eye of the mechanically inclined and in a group show of artists, including John Jackson of Jefferson, N.Y; Tom Hlas of Norfolk; Lewis Schaffer from Ridgefield; Deborah Rauh from Westport; and Sara Roche from Weston.
A free opening reception will be held on Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
“Loosely based on the concepts of Rube Goldberg, the 'Thingamabob' is a metaphor for the creative process and how artists feed one method into another when creating works of art," Maritime Garage Gallery Curator Sooo-Z Mastropietro said in a statement. "Some of the featured works in the exhibit highlight individual elements while others feature multiple systems.”
The Maritime Garage Gallery is at 11 North Water St. in Norwalk.
- 1 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk
- 4 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme