NORWALK, Conn. -- Machines, gadgets, all things technology inspire the artwork at a new exhibit at the Maritime Garage Gallery titled "Thingamabob" that will run from Wednesday through April 25.
“Thingamabob” features art that is in the eye of the mechanically inclined and in a group show of artists, including John Jackson of Jefferson, N.Y; Tom Hlas of Norfolk; Lewis Schaffer from Ridgefield; Deborah Rauh from Westport; and Sara Roche from Weston.
A free opening reception will be held on Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
“Loosely based on the concepts of Rube Goldberg, the 'Thingamabob' is a metaphor for the creative process and how artists feed one method into another when creating works of art," Maritime Garage Gallery Curator Sooo-Z Mastropietro said in a statement. "Some of the featured works in the exhibit highlight individual elements while others feature multiple systems.”
The Maritime Garage Gallery is at 11 North Water St. in Norwalk.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint