NORWALK, Conn. -- Machines, gadgets, all things technology inspire the artwork at a new exhibit at the Maritime Garage Gallery titled "Thingamabob" that will run from Wednesday through April 25.
“Thingamabob” features art that is in the eye of the mechanically inclined and in a group show of artists, including John Jackson of Jefferson, N.Y; Tom Hlas of Norfolk; Lewis Schaffer from Ridgefield; Deborah Rauh from Westport; and Sara Roche from Weston.
A free opening reception will be held on Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
“Loosely based on the concepts of Rube Goldberg, the 'Thingamabob' is a metaphor for the creative process and how artists feed one method into another when creating works of art," Maritime Garage Gallery Curator Sooo-Z Mastropietro said in a statement. "Some of the featured works in the exhibit highlight individual elements while others feature multiple systems.”
The Maritime Garage Gallery is at 11 North Water St. in Norwalk.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk