FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A thunderstorm with the potential to drop hail is heading for Fairfield County early Thursday evening, the National Weather Service warned.
At 5:54 p.m. Thursday, the weather service was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Yorktown Heights, N.Y., that was moving southeast at 35 mph.
The storm was expected to hit Ridgefield by 6:10 p.m., New Canaan by 6:20 p.m., Wilton by 6:25 p.m. and Westport by 6:30 p.m.
Small hail and lightning are expected with the storm, the weather service said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters