FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A thunderstorm with the potential to drop hail is heading for Fairfield County early Thursday evening, the National Weather Service warned.
At 5:54 p.m. Thursday, the weather service was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Yorktown Heights, N.Y., that was moving southeast at 35 mph.
The storm was expected to hit Ridgefield by 6:10 p.m., New Canaan by 6:20 p.m., Wilton by 6:25 p.m. and Westport by 6:30 p.m.
Small hail and lightning are expected with the storm, the weather service said.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest