FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A thunderstorm with the potential to drop hail is heading for Fairfield County early Thursday evening, the National Weather Service warned.
At 5:54 p.m. Thursday, the weather service was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Yorktown Heights, N.Y., that was moving southeast at 35 mph.
The storm was expected to hit Ridgefield by 6:10 p.m., New Canaan by 6:20 p.m., Wilton by 6:25 p.m. and Westport by 6:30 p.m.
Small hail and lightning are expected with the storm, the weather service said.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts