FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A thunderstorm with the potential to drop hail is heading for Fairfield County early Thursday evening, the National Weather Service warned.
At 5:54 p.m. Thursday, the weather service was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Yorktown Heights, N.Y., that was moving southeast at 35 mph.
The storm was expected to hit Ridgefield by 6:10 p.m., New Canaan by 6:20 p.m., Wilton by 6:25 p.m. and Westport by 6:30 p.m.
Small hail and lightning are expected with the storm, the weather service said.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk