FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A thunderstorm with the potential to drop hail is heading for Fairfield County early Thursday evening, the National Weather Service warned.
At 5:54 p.m. Thursday, the weather service was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Yorktown Heights, N.Y., that was moving southeast at 35 mph.
The storm was expected to hit Ridgefield by 6:10 p.m., New Canaan by 6:20 p.m., Wilton by 6:25 p.m. and Westport by 6:30 p.m.
Small hail and lightning are expected with the storm, the weather service said.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home