NORWALK, Conn. -- The exit ramp from Route 7 south to Interstate 95 south in Norwalk will be closed nightly on weekdays starting Monday, April 21, through Friday, May 2, weather permitting, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The closure is required to allow for the installation of drainage improvements along and across the exit ramp, DOT said.
The work is part of a project to construct continuous auxiliary lanes, referred to as speed change lanes, between Exit 14 for Route 1 and Exit 15 for Route 7. Improvements are also being made to Route 1 in Norwalk as part of the project.
Traffic will be detoured onto the exit for West Avenue in South Norwalk and will re-enter I-95 southbound at the West Avenue on-ramp.
For up-to-date information on the I-95 widening project between Exit 14 and Exit 15 in Norwalk, visit the website for the project.
For a map of the detour, click here or click on the pdf file below.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Police: Two Arrested After Shots Fired In Norwalk
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI