NORWALK, Conn. -- The exit ramp from Route 7 south to Interstate 95 south in Norwalk will be closed nightly on weekdays starting Monday, April 21, through Friday, May 2, weather permitting, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The closure is required to allow for the installation of drainage improvements along and across the exit ramp, DOT said.
The work is part of a project to construct continuous auxiliary lanes, referred to as speed change lanes, between Exit 14 for Route 1 and Exit 15 for Route 7. Improvements are also being made to Route 1 in Norwalk as part of the project.
Traffic will be detoured onto the exit for West Avenue in South Norwalk and will re-enter I-95 southbound at the West Avenue on-ramp.
For up-to-date information on the I-95 widening project between Exit 14 and Exit 15 in Norwalk, visit the website for the project.
For a map of the detour, click here or click on the pdf file below.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast