STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut, according to a CBSlocal.com report.
Tucker Blandford, 23, told the British tabloid The Daily Mail that he impersonated his parents and called, Alex Lanchester, 23, and told her that her fiance had committed suicide.
Lanchester called Blandford’s parents to express her condolences, and the ruse was blown.
The wedding had been set for Aug. 15.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say