STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut, according to a CBSlocal.com report.
Tucker Blandford, 23, told the British tabloid The Daily Mail that he impersonated his parents and called, Alex Lanchester, 23, and told her that her fiance had committed suicide.
Lanchester called Blandford’s parents to express her condolences, and the ruse was blown.
The wedding had been set for Aug. 15.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal