STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut, according to a CBSlocal.com report.
Tucker Blandford, 23, told the British tabloid The Daily Mail that he impersonated his parents and called, Alex Lanchester, 23, and told her that her fiance had committed suicide.
Lanchester called Blandford’s parents to express her condolences, and the ruse was blown.
The wedding had been set for Aug. 15.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare