NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk police are urging drivers to avoid Veteran’s Park and several streets along a dedicated race route Saturday while runners compete in the SoNo Half Marathon and 5K.
The race, scheduled to take place from 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m., will require officers at multiple traffic posts to close several roads along the route, according to the police department, which said local driving that morning will be “significantly impacted.”
Police provided a full list of scheduled street closures that includes:
- Washington Street - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- Ann Street - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- N. Water Street - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- N. Main Street - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- S. Main Street between Washington Street and Monroe Street - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- Monroe Street - CLOSED 9-9:30 a.m.
- Stroffolino Bridge westbound - CLOSED 9-10:30 a.m.
- Seaview Avenue eastbound - CLOSED 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- No westbound traffic on Fort Point past Van Zant St from 9-10:30 a.m.
- No northbound traffic on Flax Hill Road past Taylor Avenue from 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- No south bound traffic on East Avenue from Fitch Street to Winfield Street from 9:45-11:30 a.m.
- No southbound traffic on Cove Avenue from 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- I-95 northbound Exit 16 ramp - CLOSED 9:30-11:30 a.m.
The department is also asking drivers to note that Martin Luther King Drive, West Avenue and East Avenue will have one lane coned off for runners during the race.
"Please watch for runners and drive safely," the department said in a statement.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.