FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A spring snowstorm took commuters by surprise Monday morning, dropping a slushy mix on roadways and snarling traffic.
Sleet began falling in parts of Fairfield County around 6:30 a.m., resulting in treacherous driving conditions.
The left lane of the northbound Merritt was blocked near Den Road in Stamford during much of the morning rush hour.
An accident on the southbound Merritt between exits 33 and 31 was reported at 7:35 a.m.
Two accidents were also reported in Ridgefield -- one on Ivy Hill Road, with an overturned vehicle, and the other on West Lane.
Two other accidents were reported just over the Fairfield County border along I-84 in Carmel, N.Y., as well as Southeast, N.Y.
- 1 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 2 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 3 Norwalk Police To Hold DUI Checkpoint Saturday
- 4 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With Kicking EMT
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford