FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A spring snowstorm took commuters by surprise Monday morning, dropping a slushy mix on roadways and snarling traffic.
Sleet began falling in parts of Fairfield County around 6:30 a.m., resulting in treacherous driving conditions.
The left lane of the northbound Merritt was blocked near Den Road in Stamford during much of the morning rush hour.
An accident on the southbound Merritt between exits 33 and 31 was reported at 7:35 a.m.
Two accidents were also reported in Ridgefield -- one on Ivy Hill Road, with an overturned vehicle, and the other on West Lane.
Two other accidents were reported just over the Fairfield County border along I-84 in Carmel, N.Y., as well as Southeast, N.Y.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say