NORWALK, Conn. — A sign fell on the southbound lanes of Route 7 on Wednesday afternoon near the interchange with I-95, a highway worker reported.
Cars were being turned around and sent in the other direction. Drivers reported congestion on Route 1 and surrounding streets.
Southbound Route 7 was closed between Exit 1 and I-95, the Connecticut Department of Transportation says on its website.
The 39a exit ramp from the Merritt Parkway to Route 7 also was closed.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk