NORWALK, Conn. — A sign fell on the southbound lanes of Route 7 on Wednesday afternoon near the interchange with I-95, a highway worker reported.
Cars were being turned around and sent in the other direction. Drivers reported congestion on Route 1 and surrounding streets.
Southbound Route 7 was closed between Exit 1 and I-95, the Connecticut Department of Transportation says on its website.
The 39a exit ramp from the Merritt Parkway to Route 7 also was closed.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued