NORWALK, Conn. — A sign fell on the southbound lanes of Route 7 on Wednesday afternoon near the interchange with I-95, a highway worker reported.
Cars were being turned around and sent in the other direction. Drivers reported congestion on Route 1 and surrounding streets.
Southbound Route 7 was closed between Exit 1 and I-95, the Connecticut Department of Transportation says on its website.
The 39a exit ramp from the Merritt Parkway to Route 7 also was closed.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk