NORWALK, Conn. — A sign fell on the southbound lanes of Route 7 on Wednesday afternoon near the interchange with I-95, a highway worker reported.
Cars were being turned around and sent in the other direction. Drivers reported congestion on Route 1 and surrounding streets.
Southbound Route 7 was closed between Exit 1 and I-95, the Connecticut Department of Transportation says on its website.
The 39a exit ramp from the Merritt Parkway to Route 7 also was closed.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say