NORWALK, Conn. — A sign fell on the southbound lanes of Route 7 on Wednesday afternoon near the interchange with I-95, a highway worker reported.
Cars were being turned around and sent in the other direction. Drivers reported congestion on Route 1 and surrounding streets.
Southbound Route 7 was closed between Exit 1 and I-95, the Connecticut Department of Transportation says on its website.
The 39a exit ramp from the Merritt Parkway to Route 7 also was closed.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job