FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A father and son from Washington state making a tour of colleges are believed to have died when their plane crashed into two houses in East Haven late Friday morning, NBC Connecticut reported on its website.
The private plane was attempting to land for the second time at Tweed New Haven Airport when it crashed in rainy conditions. The mayor of East Haven confirmed Friday evening that at least two people were dead as a result of the fiery crash, but children in one of the homes were believed to have died as well.
The flight originated from Teterboro Airport in New Jersey.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk