FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A father and son from Washington state making a tour of colleges are believed to have died when their plane crashed into two houses in East Haven late Friday morning, NBC Connecticut reported on its website.
The private plane was attempting to land for the second time at Tweed New Haven Airport when it crashed in rainy conditions. The mayor of East Haven confirmed Friday evening that at least two people were dead as a result of the fiery crash, but children in one of the homes were believed to have died as well.
The flight originated from Teterboro Airport in New Jersey.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Norwalk Teen Reports He Was Robbed On East Avenue
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced