FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A father and son from Washington state making a tour of colleges are believed to have died when their plane crashed into two houses in East Haven late Friday morning, NBC Connecticut reported on its website.
The private plane was attempting to land for the second time at Tweed New Haven Airport when it crashed in rainy conditions. The mayor of East Haven confirmed Friday evening that at least two people were dead as a result of the fiery crash, but children in one of the homes were believed to have died as well.
The flight originated from Teterboro Airport in New Jersey.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Survey Reveals What Cars Get Most Traffic Tickets
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Police: Norwalk Teen Posted Harassing Photos Of Teacher On App
- 4 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station