NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- A 41-year-old Norwalk man was charged with assaulting and biting an emergency room doctor at Norwalk Hospital.
- A construction boom in the SoNo neighborhood of Norwalk, known for its restaurants, shopping and night life, is bringing new residences to the area.
- Norwalk restaurants ruled the day at the sixth annual Chowdafest Connecticut, taking home six of the 12 total awards handed out at the event, which has become a Super Bowl Sunday tradition in Fairfield County.
- Connecticut House Minority Leader Larry Cafero (R-Norwalk/New Canaan) said his caucus is fully cooperating with a federal investigation that brought on the resignation of Chief of Staff George Gallo
- A 63-year-old Bridgeport was arrested and charged with wrong way driving after his vehicle rolled into a police car during a traffic stop in Norwalk.
- A man who told police that another man stole his wallet in South Norwalk, admitted the robbery occurred during a failed drug deal.
A Norwalk man was arrested after a naked, drug-induced outburst at a friend’s home led a 10-year-old boy to escape by climbing out a second-story window and onto a tree early Thursday.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report