NORWALK, Conn. – Just in time for those finishing their spring cleaning, Norwalk has announced two remaining bulky item collection dates, which are for residents who receive city garbage collection services.
The date for bulky item pickup for residents with Thursday garbage collection is Saturday, April 18. The date for bulky item pickup for residents with Friday garbage collection is Saturday, April 25.
All items must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on the scheduled collection day, and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Bulky items are appliances, furniture, and other household items not normally handled through garbage pickup.
- Residential properties of up to four units are eligible for bulky item collection.
- Items must not be placed outside more than 48 hours before the scheduled date of pickup.
- Piles must be neat and orderly, and not placed by a mailbox, fence, or utility pole. Piles and items should not block a street or a sidewalk.
- The amount of bulky items collection is limited to six cubic yards per residence; this is about the size of a couch and a large chair with smaller items placed on top. An alternative measurement is six feet long by six feet wide by four feet tall.
- Do not place items on someone else’s bulk pile; this is considered illegal dumping.
- Like items, such as metal, rugs, etc. should be placed together.
- Cardboard boxes, either empty or filled with items, will not be collected.
- Piles that are ineligible for collection will be tagged and not collected.
- Unacceptable items include anything with a title of ownership, propane tanks, hazardous or liquid waste, yard waste, construction and remodeling debris.
For more information, call 203-854-3200.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.