NORWALK, Conn. - With yard waste pickup scheduled to begin, the City of Norwalk is reminding residents to put out yard waste out at the curbside by 6 a.m. the Monday of the scheduled week of pickup, the city said in a press release.
The truck will pass by only once during the pickup week. Yard waste will be picked up at any time during that week, not on a particular day.
Yard waste pickup is provided for 4th Taxing District residents who receive city services. The yard waste pickup schedule is as follows:
- May 5 to 9: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday garbage routes
- May 12 to 16: Thursday and Friday garbage routes
For example, if the normal garbage pickup day is on a Thursday, yard waste will be picked up the week of May 12.
Yard waste will be collected only in brown paper leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open-top cardboard boxes.
Yard waste in plastic bags, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand will not be collected.
Brush must be less than 4 feet in length and 6 inches or less in diameter. It must be tied up in bundles. There is a 25-pound weight limit for bags and 50-pound limit for cans or bundles of branches. Please do not overload bags or cans.
Logs and stumps will not be collected. They can be brought to the yard waste site located at 15 S. Smith St. Under some circumstances you will have to pay to dump.
If you believe you are missed for a yard waste pickup, call Customer Service on Monday of the following week.
For more information on these services, visit the Norwalk website at www.norwalkct.org or contact customer service at 203-854-3200.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk