NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Norwalk resident Chris Erway has won free frozen yogurt for a year from Peachwave after visiting eight locations in Fairfield and Westchester counties as part of a contest.
- A 66-year-old Norwalk man, Thomas Proulx, died of injuries sustained in a car wreck. He was found unconscious behind the wheel of his car, which had gone into an embankment in a Danbury corporate park.
- A Norwalk man, 45-year-old Louis Criollo, was arrested on drunken driving charges outside the Tokeneke Pumpkin Carnival in Darien after he was found to be at more than twice the legal alcohol limit.
- Three Norwalk residents are facing drug charges after they were spotted by Wilton police in a vehicle on the Old Huckleberry Road causeway and found to have marijuana.
- After receiving complaints from neighbors, Norwalk and state police officers conducted a checkpoint to make sure trucks traveling through the city were doing so safely.
- A Norwalk man, 36-year-old Andrew McClure, was arrested and charged with throwing boiling water on a police sergeant after officers responded to a report of a man on a roof.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.