NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk residents with Hurricane Sandy recovery needs that were not met by homeowner, renter and/or flood insurance, or federal loans can now receive aid from the Sandy Relief Fund.
The Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
Eligible needs must be a result of damages caused by Hurricane Sandy and not otherwise financed by homeowner, renter or flood insurance, Federal Emergency Management Agency or Small Business Administration loans and must fall into one of the following categories:
- Home repairs
- Appliance/furniture replacement
- Tree trimming/removal
- Emergency rental assistance for displaced households
Grants are need-based and will not exceed $10,000. At this time grants are not income-based.
For information and applications for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund call 203-854-7274 or 203-854-7810, ext. 46783.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Norwalk Teen Reports He Was Robbed On East Avenue
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced