NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk residents with Hurricane Sandy recovery needs that were not met by homeowner, renter and/or flood insurance, or federal loans can now receive aid from the Sandy Relief Fund.
The Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
Eligible needs must be a result of damages caused by Hurricane Sandy and not otherwise financed by homeowner, renter or flood insurance, Federal Emergency Management Agency or Small Business Administration loans and must fall into one of the following categories:
- Home repairs
- Appliance/furniture replacement
- Tree trimming/removal
- Emergency rental assistance for displaced households
Grants are need-based and will not exceed $10,000. At this time grants are not income-based.
For information and applications for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund call 203-854-7274 or 203-854-7810, ext. 46783.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport