NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk residents with Hurricane Sandy recovery needs that were not met by homeowner, renter and/or flood insurance, or federal loans can now receive aid from the Sandy Relief Fund.
The Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
Eligible needs must be a result of damages caused by Hurricane Sandy and not otherwise financed by homeowner, renter or flood insurance, Federal Emergency Management Agency or Small Business Administration loans and must fall into one of the following categories:
- Home repairs
- Appliance/furniture replacement
- Tree trimming/removal
- Emergency rental assistance for displaced households
Grants are need-based and will not exceed $10,000. At this time grants are not income-based.
For information and applications for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund call 203-854-7274 or 203-854-7810, ext. 46783.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market
- 5 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk