NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk residents with Hurricane Sandy recovery needs that were not met by homeowner, renter and/or flood insurance, or federal loans can now receive aid from the Sandy Relief Fund.
The Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
Eligible needs must be a result of damages caused by Hurricane Sandy and not otherwise financed by homeowner, renter or flood insurance, Federal Emergency Management Agency or Small Business Administration loans and must fall into one of the following categories:
- Home repairs
- Appliance/furniture replacement
- Tree trimming/removal
- Emergency rental assistance for displaced households
Grants are need-based and will not exceed $10,000. At this time grants are not income-based.
For information and applications for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund call 203-854-7274 or 203-854-7810, ext. 46783.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News