Settings

Home Site
Notification
Push Notifications
Contact Us
Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Menu

Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Nearby Towns

news

Norwalk Nail Salon Patrons Flee Smoky Fire

NORWALK, Conn. – Several Connecticut Avenue stores were evacuated Sunday afternoon after a small fire broke out at a nail salon, Norwalk Fire Department Deputy Chief Gino Gatto said.

The fire at Angel Tips, a nail and pedicure salon in the ShopRite Plaza at 360 Connecticut Ave., was reported at 4:40 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke showing from the rear of the building, Gatto said. The patrons of the salon as well as several other businesses were outside. A water heater and some combustible material around it had caught fire, he said. A wooden door and its frame had also caught fire, and the smoke traveled along the space above the ceiling. Four stores were ventilated.

The fire was under investigation by Inspector Kirk McDonald of the fire marshal's division.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Norwalk Daily Voice!

Serves Norwalk & Rowayton

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.