NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Department of Transportation will conduct a Public Information Meeting concerning the rehabilitation of a structurally deficient bridge in City Hall on Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Bridge Number 04048, located approximately 30-feet east of the Wall Street intersection with River Street, is structurally deficient due to the poor condition of the precast concrete deck units.
The proposed rehabilitation would include new pre-stressed concrete deck units and patching deteriorated portions of the cast-in-place concrete deck.
The project would require a traffic detour to River Street, Burnell Street and then to Main Street.
The scheduled start date of the project is Spring, 2016.
Norwalk City Hall is located at 125 East Ave.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk