NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Department of Transportation will conduct a Public Information Meeting concerning the rehabilitation of a structurally deficient bridge in City Hall on Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Bridge Number 04048, located approximately 30-feet east of the Wall Street intersection with River Street, is structurally deficient due to the poor condition of the precast concrete deck units.
The proposed rehabilitation would include new pre-stressed concrete deck units and patching deteriorated portions of the cast-in-place concrete deck.
The project would require a traffic detour to River Street, Burnell Street and then to Main Street.
The scheduled start date of the project is Spring, 2016.
Norwalk City Hall is located at 125 East Ave.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton