NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Department of Transportation will conduct a Public Information Meeting concerning the rehabilitation of a structurally deficient bridge in City Hall on Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Bridge Number 04048, located approximately 30-feet east of the Wall Street intersection with River Street, is structurally deficient due to the poor condition of the precast concrete deck units.
The proposed rehabilitation would include new pre-stressed concrete deck units and patching deteriorated portions of the cast-in-place concrete deck.
The project would require a traffic detour to River Street, Burnell Street and then to Main Street.
The scheduled start date of the project is Spring, 2016.
Norwalk City Hall is located at 125 East Ave.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow