NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Department of Transportation will conduct a Public Information Meeting concerning the rehabilitation of a structurally deficient bridge in City Hall on Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Bridge Number 04048, located approximately 30-feet east of the Wall Street intersection with River Street, is structurally deficient due to the poor condition of the precast concrete deck units.
The proposed rehabilitation would include new pre-stressed concrete deck units and patching deteriorated portions of the cast-in-place concrete deck.
The project would require a traffic detour to River Street, Burnell Street and then to Main Street.
The scheduled start date of the project is Spring, 2016.
Norwalk City Hall is located at 125 East Ave.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued