NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Human Services Council will host a community forum to discuss heroin and prescription drug abuse on Tuesday, April 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling and Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik will join the Mid-Fairfield Substance Abuse Coalition to discuss the risks and consequences of opioid use and help brainstorm solutions.
According to the Human Services Council, there were 257 heroin-related deaths in Connecticut in 2013 and the death total for 2014 is already at 70 percent of that number.
RSVP to Tracey George at email@example.com or at 203-849-1111, ext. 3006. Lunch will be served.
The Norwalk Human Services Council is located at 1 Park St.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk