NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Human Services Council will host a community forum to discuss heroin and prescription drug abuse on Tuesday, April 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling and Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik will join the Mid-Fairfield Substance Abuse Coalition to discuss the risks and consequences of opioid use and help brainstorm solutions.
According to the Human Services Council, there were 257 heroin-related deaths in Connecticut in 2013 and the death total for 2014 is already at 70 percent of that number.
RSVP to Tracey George at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 203-849-1111, ext. 3006. Lunch will be served.
The Norwalk Human Services Council is located at 1 Park St.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer