NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Human Services Council will host a community forum to discuss heroin and prescription drug abuse on Tuesday, April 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling and Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik will join the Mid-Fairfield Substance Abuse Coalition to discuss the risks and consequences of opioid use and help brainstorm solutions.
According to the Human Services Council, there were 257 heroin-related deaths in Connecticut in 2013 and the death total for 2014 is already at 70 percent of that number.
RSVP to Tracey George at email@example.com or at 203-849-1111, ext. 3006. Lunch will be served.
The Norwalk Human Services Council is located at 1 Park St.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued