NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Human Services Council will host a community forum to discuss heroin and prescription drug abuse on Tuesday, April 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling and Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik will join the Mid-Fairfield Substance Abuse Coalition to discuss the risks and consequences of opioid use and help brainstorm solutions.
According to the Human Services Council, there were 257 heroin-related deaths in Connecticut in 2013 and the death total for 2014 is already at 70 percent of that number.
RSVP to Tracey George at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 203-849-1111, ext. 3006. Lunch will be served.
The Norwalk Human Services Council is located at 1 Park St.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Survey Reveals What Cars Get Most Traffic Tickets
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues