NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling has declared a snow emergency in the city effective Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Residents are asked to remove their cars from on-street parking and open-air municipal lots to allow plows to pass through. The city will offer free parking at town-run parking garages: the Maritime Garage (11 N. Water St.) and the Yankee Doodle Garage (3 Burnell Blvd.).
In particular, the city’s Department of Public Works has published a list of streets that are more difficult to plow than others. Residents of those streets are asked to keep their cars off the roads as soon as possible. The full list is available on the city website.
Residents can call the Norwalk Customer Service line at 203-854-3200 for service requests or complaints.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place