NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling has declared a snow emergency in the city effective Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Residents are asked to remove their cars from on-street parking and open-air municipal lots to allow plows to pass through. The city will offer free parking at town-run parking garages: the Maritime Garage (11 N. Water St.) and the Yankee Doodle Garage (3 Burnell Blvd.).
In particular, the city’s Department of Public Works has published a list of streets that are more difficult to plow than others. Residents of those streets are asked to keep their cars off the roads as soon as possible. The full list is available on the city website.
Residents can call the Norwalk Customer Service line at 203-854-3200 for service requests or complaints.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl