NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling has declared a snow emergency in the city effective Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Residents are asked to remove their cars from on-street parking and open-air municipal lots to allow plows to pass through. The city will offer free parking at town-run parking garages: the Maritime Garage (11 N. Water St.) and the Yankee Doodle Garage (3 Burnell Blvd.).
In particular, the city’s Department of Public Works has published a list of streets that are more difficult to plow than others. Residents of those streets are asked to keep their cars off the roads as soon as possible. The full list is available on the city website.
Residents can call the Norwalk Customer Service line at 203-854-3200 for service requests or complaints.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News