I complained Thursday on behalf of my East Norwalk neighbors who had dutifully put their garbage out Tuesday evening as instructed by the Department of Public Works — even with a snowstorm looming on the horizon. Despite good intentions on everybody's part, it seemed the city's sanitation workers had missed us in the 15 inches of snow.
I have good news for Friday: Help is on the way. Hal Alvord, director of public works, said the sanitation crews will go back and do Wednesday's routes after completing their normal Friday pickups.
Snow hides many sins, but the garbage has to go!
Did your garbage get picked up this week? Leave your story below!
- 1 Developer Prepares Plan For Mall At 95/7 In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues