NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's beaches are closed for swimming Tuesday due to the weather conditions.
Swimming is prohibited at both Calf Pasture Beach and Shady Beach due to the heavy rains Monday night, the city's Recreation and Parks Department said. Residents may still visit the beaches but cannot go in the water.
Town beaches are also closed in Westport and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest
- 4 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of Norwalk Man On The Job
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News