NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's beaches are closed for swimming Tuesday due to the weather conditions.
Swimming is prohibited at both Calf Pasture Beach and Shady Beach due to the heavy rains Monday night, the city's Recreation and Parks Department said. Residents may still visit the beaches but cannot go in the water.
Town beaches are also closed in Westport and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later