NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's beaches are closed for swimming Tuesday due to the weather conditions.
Swimming is prohibited at both Calf Pasture Beach and Shady Beach due to the heavy rains Monday night, the city's Recreation and Parks Department said. Residents may still visit the beaches but cannot go in the water.
Town beaches are also closed in Westport and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Developer Prepares Plan For Mall At 95/7 In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues