NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's beaches are closed for swimming Tuesday due to the weather conditions.
Swimming is prohibited at both Calf Pasture Beach and Shady Beach due to the heavy rains Monday night, the city's Recreation and Parks Department said. Residents may still visit the beaches but cannot go in the water.
Town beaches are also closed in Westport and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl