NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's beaches are closed for swimming Tuesday due to the weather conditions.
Swimming is prohibited at both Calf Pasture Beach and Shady Beach due to the heavy rains Monday night, the city's Recreation and Parks Department said. Residents may still visit the beaches but cannot go in the water.
Town beaches are also closed in Westport and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street