NORWALK, Conn. – The Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County recently announced $35,000 in grants from the state Department of Economic and Community Development and Connecticut Office of the Arts were awarded to eight area organizations and individuals.
The local winners are:
- BackCountry Jazz in Greenwich, with a project serving the Bridgeport Public Schools.
- Connecticut Chamber Choir in Trumbull.
- James S. Curiale School in Bridgeport.
- Greenwich Alliance for Education.
- Jay Misencik in Bridgeport.
- JIB Productions in Westport.
- The Kennedy Center’s Maggie Daly Arts Co-op in Bridgeport.
- Stratford Academy PTSA in Stratford.
The money is through Connecticut Office of the Arts' Regional Initiative Grant program, which aims to get grants into the hands of people and organizations wanting to create their own cultural projects.
"The REGI program allows us to direct state funds to local organizations, helping to ensure resources are available for Fairfield County's arts and culture sector to thrive," noted Cultural Alliance director Angela Whitford in a statement.
The five judges who picked the grant winners were Angelica Durrell, executive director of The Intake Organization in Stamford; Bridgeport Office of Planning and Economic Development director David Kooris; Greenwich Historical Society executive director Debra Mecky; arts consultant Julyen Norman and Westport artist Jahmane West.
For more information on the Cultural Alliance, go online or call (203) 256-2329.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.