NORWALK, Conn. – Monday, Sept. 1 is Labor Day, so garbage and recycling collection will be on a holiday schedule. Garbage and recycling that are normally picked up on Monday will be picked up on Tuesday instead, and all routes will be pushed back a day until Friday routes are run on Saturday.
The Norwalk Transfer Station, 61 Crescent St., and the Yard Debris Site, 15 S. Smith St., will be closed Sept. 1 and reopen for regular business hours Sept. 2.
For more information, visit the Norwalk website at www.norwalkct.org or call the Customer Service Center at 203-854-3200.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk