NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- A 62-year-old woman found dead in a Wolfpit Avenue apartment late Wednesday. Norwalk police on Friday arrested Bertony Thompson, 44, on murder charges in connection with her death. He was held on $1 million bond.
- William Varela-Araya, 43, of Norwalk was accused of hitting two police officers during a struggle, police said.
- Akeem Ali of 54 Howard Ave., Norwalk, was charged with taking a small amount of cash and a cellphone charger from a tenant's apartment in July.
- Matthew Faillace, 33, of Davis Hill Road, Weston, was sentenced to six-and-a-half years in prison after crashing a 2000 Porsche Boxster S in Norwalk. His friend was killed in the drunken-drivin crash.
- This year, Chowdafest will be pulling up stakes and moving from its previous home at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport to Calf Pasture Beach in Norwalk. The event will also be held in the fall.
- The Saturday Academy has received a $10,000 grant from the Fairfield County Community Foundation to fund its technology entrepreneurship program for 50 high school girls across Norwalk.
- Andrew Michaud, 50, of Stamford, was arrested on drug and attempted burglary charges in Norwalk, after police said he tried to break into an auto shop.
- Home improvement retail giant Home Depot confirmed a breach in its payment data systems on Monday, and the impact could be felt in Fairfield County.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.