NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines . That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Norwalk and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- A 34-year-old Norwalk man was arrested and charged with strangling, beating and threatening his girlfriend .
- A 52-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with shoplifting at Bob's Store on the Post Road in Fairfield.
- A 54-year-old Norwalk man was arrested and charged with firing a handgun at the ground during a domestic dispute.
- Wrestlers from the Norwalk Mad Bulls won 11 gold medals and slew of other medals at the Wilton Youth Wrestling Classic Tournament.
- A growing number of people in Fairfield County don’t always know where their next meal is coming from , according to a new study done by the Fairfield County Community Foundation.