12:45 p.m. update: NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Regular train service has been restored on the New Canaan branch as of 1 p.m. Thursday, Metro-North said.
Metro-North had been running buses instead of trains because of a downed tree on the tracks.
Original story: NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Bus service will be provided on the New Canaan Branch for the 12:26 p.m. train departing New Canaan and making all stops to Stamford, Metro-North announced.
The buses will make all stops along the branch line, Metro-North said. Buses are running on schedule, the commuter rail said.
Substitute bus service was also provided for the 11:26 a.m. train that departed New Canaan, the 11:59 a.m. train that departed Stamford due, and the 10:59 a.m. train that departed Stamford due to the downed tree, Metro-North said.
Train riders should listen for announcements at the stations.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades