NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- The commute to and from New York City was crippled after a major power outage on the New Haven Line. It could be weeks before full power is restored.
- Norwalk's Triangle Community Center, which provides services and support for the Fairfield County LGBTQ community, hired Anthony Crisci as its first-ever executive director .
- Greenpeace rejected claims by Russian authorities that accuse the Arctic Sunrise, captained by Norwalk resident Pete Willcox, of committing criminal violations or piracy in a peaceable protest against oil drilling in the Arctic Ocean.
- Norwalk’s Special Services Division arrested two men dealing in crack cocaine in separate incidents.
- Norwalk Man Denzel Weldon, 22, of Orchard Street, accused of having a stolen gun in his car .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.