FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Metro-North has accepted another delivery of new M-8 railcars for the New Haven Line, bringing the total of new cars in Connecticut to 360.
Of the total number of M8 cars, 340 have been accepted for service with 20 more being inspected and tested by the builder, Kawasaki Rail Car Inc.
The new M8 trains represent 54 percent of total weekday New Haven Main Line service, 78.9 percent of Saturday service and 79.7 percent of Sunday service.
Metro-North ordered 380 M8 rail cars from Kawasaki Rail Car in 2006 for use on the New Haven Line. Of the 380 original order, the first 38 were built in Kobe, Japan, and the remaining 342 are being built at Kawasaki's plant in Lincoln, Neb.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street