FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Metro-North has accepted another delivery of new M-8 railcars for the New Haven Line, bringing the total of new cars in Connecticut to 360.
Of the total number of M8 cars, 340 have been accepted for service with 20 more being inspected and tested by the builder, Kawasaki Rail Car Inc.
The new M8 trains represent 54 percent of total weekday New Haven Main Line service, 78.9 percent of Saturday service and 79.7 percent of Sunday service.
Metro-North ordered 380 M8 rail cars from Kawasaki Rail Car in 2006 for use on the New Haven Line. Of the 380 original order, the first 38 were built in Kobe, Japan, and the remaining 342 are being built at Kawasaki's plant in Lincoln, Neb.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk