NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling has declared a snow emergency effective Wednesday morning as a storm dumps snow, sleet and freezing rain on the city.
Residents are asked to remove their cars from on-street parking and open-air municipal lots to allow plows to pass through. The city will offer free parking at town-run parking garages: the Maritime Garage at 11 N. Water St. and the Yankee Doodle Garage at 3 Burnell Blvd.
Garbage and recycling pickup has also been delayed a day due to the storm. Wednesday's pickups will occur Thursday, Thursday's pickups will occur Friday, and Friday’s pickups have been moved to Saturday. All city meetings, including the monthly Brown Bag lunch with the police chief, have also been canceled.
Residents can call the Norwalk Customer Service line at 203-854-3200 for service requests or complaints.
- 1 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job