NORWALK, Conn. – Is your home at risk of being flooded if Hurricane Irene bears down on Norwalk this weekend? A map from the Connecticut Hurricane Evaluation Study shows which areas in town are at risk of being flooded when the storm pushes high waves on shore.
On the map, areas shaded light green are at risk of flooding during a Category 1 hurricane. Areas shaded dark green are at risk of flooding during a Category 2 storm. Yellow shaded areas show inundation in a Category 3 hurricane, and the purple shaded areas show anticipated flooding in a Category 4 storm.
The map also shows where each of the emergency shelters are located: Brien McMahon High School, Norwalk High School and Ponus Ridge Middle School.
Is your house located in a potential flood zone? How are you preparing?
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013