NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- A Stratford man, Donald Bridgeforth, 28, was arrested in Norwalk, after partially tearing off his ear while on drugs .
- Norwalk’s Silas Redd scored his first NFL touchdown for the Washington Redskins in a 41-10 rout of Jacksonville.
- A Norwalk woman Marisol Garcia, 37, was charged in the theft of more than $37,000 from a Darien doctor's office where she worked.
- Stamford native Bob Kennedy Jr. has been named the inaugural executive director of Norwalk's Wall Street Theater .
- Train commuters may see some relief as Connecticut is awarded a $161 million federal grant to fund the design and replacement of the New Haven Line’s Walk Railroad Bridge in Norwalk .
- Norwalk Public Schools recently received a $1.1 million grant from the Dalio Foundation to help implement Common Core standards in the district.
- Norwalk police are seeking a man who robbed the Hudson United Bank on Westport Avenue at gunpoint and fled on a bicycle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.