RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - After several hours of searching, the Ridgefield Police Department found and charged a Redding man in connection with the lockdown of Ridgefield schools.
A report came in to police around 8 a.m. Monday morning saying that a man wearing all black and carrying what appeared to be a rifle was walking in the area of Branchville Elementary School.
The Ridgefield police, assisted by several other law enforcement agencies, were able to secure the area and conduct a search for the suspect. The search and sighting prompted the lockdown of all Ridgefield schools and the rerouting of Branchville students to East Ridge Middle School.
Wilfredo Seda, 22, was charged with a breach of peace Monday afternoon, police said. According to the report, Seda had been wearing all black clothing, a watch cap and a face mask that looked like a beard. An umbrella was strapped across his back making it look like a Samurai sword.
Seda is due at Danbury Superior Court on Jan. 3, no information about bail was available.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 4 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk
- 5 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute