NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Norwalk police broke up a large fight involving a big crowd of people who were departing the Island Belle ferry after a party cruise.
- A large power outage after two electric wires burned briefly affected nearly 1,500 customers in Norwalk.
- Evan Thomas Kulhawik, 24, the son of Norwalk's police chief was issued an infraction in Darien on marijuana and drug paraphernalia charges after an officer saw him with a glass pipe in his mouth while he was driving in town.
- A 16-year-old Greenwich girl was killed when she became entangled in a boat propeller while water-tubing with three other friends in the waters of Long Island Sound.
- After three years of serving up lobster rolls in their popular food truck, Mike Harden and Trond Fletcher of Lobstercraft have opened their first brick-and-mortar restaurant on the Darien-Rowayton border.
- A Norwalk man Gimel Anderson, 21, was arrested, after he was accused of calling in a fake tip about an armed man.
- The younger sister of Bedford resident Martha Stewart died in Norwalk Hospital of a brain aneurysm on Tuesday, Aug. 5.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk