7:30 a.m. update: WESTPORT, Conn. -- A jackknifed tractor-trailer that had been blocking two lanes of northbound I-95 in Westport has been cleared Friday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Friday's rush-hour traffic appeared lighter than usual, with roads and highways still covered with slush and snow from the overnight storm in Fairfield County.
Many schools are closed or on delayed openings across the region.
Original story: WESTPORT, Conn. -- An accident involving a jackknifed tractor-trailer on northbound I-95 between Exits 18 and 19 in Westport had closed the right and center lanes at 5:15 a.m. Friday, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
It was not known how long it would take to clear. It was still blocking the lanes as of 6:45 a.m. Traffic was getting by in the left lane.
Snow, ice, slush and water continues to cover the state's highway and road after a snowstorm that lasted all day Thursday and overnight into early Friday.
Traffic was slow moving but light as the Friday commute began.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say