7:30 a.m. update: WESTPORT, Conn. -- A jackknifed tractor-trailer that had been blocking two lanes of northbound I-95 in Westport has been cleared Friday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Friday's rush-hour traffic appeared lighter than usual, with roads and highways still covered with slush and snow from the overnight storm in Fairfield County.
Many schools are closed or on delayed openings across the region.
Original story: WESTPORT, Conn. -- An accident involving a jackknifed tractor-trailer on northbound I-95 between Exits 18 and 19 in Westport had closed the right and center lanes at 5:15 a.m. Friday, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
It was not known how long it would take to clear. It was still blocking the lanes as of 6:45 a.m. Traffic was getting by in the left lane.
Snow, ice, slush and water continues to cover the state's highway and road after a snowstorm that lasted all day Thursday and overnight into early Friday.
Traffic was slow moving but light as the Friday commute began.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk