NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Parking in Norwalk is about to become less of a hassle thanks to the implementation of smart-parking technology which provide visitors and residents with real-time occupancy data and guidance to available spaces for on and off-street parking in the city’s urban areas.
- A Stamford man, Tucker Blandford, 23, faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut.
- A 32-year-old Weston mother, Christina Failla, of Samuelson Road was arrested on charges of leaving her young son alone in a parked car in South Norwalk.
- Norwalk police assisted Westport police to arresting two bank robbery suspects, Carmello Dekane, 30 and Jermaine Cowan, 35, of New Haven, after they led officers on a chase on the Merritt Parkway.
- HGTV’s hit reality show “House Hunters Renovation” features Nicholas H. Fingelly Real Estate agent James Millington.
- Norwalk River Rowing’s Kris Petreski and Liam McDonough won a gold medal at the 132nd Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St. Catharines, Ontario earlier this month.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say