FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel