FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 4 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care