FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Six Busted On Prostitution Charges In Sting In Norwalk
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Norwalk For Saturday