FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport