FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 3 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Norwalk Overnight
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield