FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Winds gusts of more than 60 mph could cause power outages and knock down trees in coastal Fairfield County Friday morning, the National Weather Service warns.
The warning is in effect through noon for Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Westport, New Canaan and Fairfield. The winds, which will be accompanied by heavy rain, will be strongest after sunrise, the Weather Service says.
"Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations and cause minor property damage" the Weather Service says. "Numerous power outages will be possible."
- 1 Developer Prepares Plan For Mall At 95/7 In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues