FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - A solar storm has sent solar flares speeding toward Earth, potentially disrupting power grids, global position systems and other communications in Fairfield County and across the globe, NASA says.
A solar flare that erupted Tuesday was one of the largest since 2007, NASA says.
For more detailed information, check the federal Space Weather Prediction Center.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk