FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - A solar storm has sent solar flares speeding toward Earth, potentially disrupting power grids, global position systems and other communications in Fairfield County and across the globe, NASA says.
A solar flare that erupted Tuesday was one of the largest since 2007, NASA says.
For more detailed information, check the federal Space Weather Prediction Center.
- 1 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores