FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - A solar storm has sent solar flares speeding toward Earth, potentially disrupting power grids, global position systems and other communications in Fairfield County and across the globe, NASA says.
A solar flare that erupted Tuesday was one of the largest since 2007, NASA says.
For more detailed information, check the federal Space Weather Prediction Center.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury