FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - A solar storm has sent solar flares speeding toward Earth, potentially disrupting power grids, global position systems and other communications in Fairfield County and across the globe, NASA says.
A solar flare that erupted Tuesday was one of the largest since 2007, NASA says.
For more detailed information, check the federal Space Weather Prediction Center.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk