Contact Us
Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Menu

Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Nearby Towns

news

Garage Fire Displaces Norwalk Family

NORWALK, Conn. - A South Norwalk family of three escaped out a second-floor sliding door after a fire broke out in their garage early Monday morning.

The fire started before 5 a.m. just inside a garage door at St. Pauls Terrace condominiums , off Martin Luther King Boulevard, the Norwalk Fire Depatment says. The fire started in the garage on the first floor of a three-story building with 10 units.

The three occupants of the condo - a husband, wife and their college-age son - were awoken by smoke detectors but couldn't get out the front door because of the fire, the Fire Department said.

The fire was put out quickly but the family's unit was declared uninhabitable because of soot and smoke damage. The building's power also was shut off because the fire burned close to main service cables.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Norwalk Daily Voice!

Serves Norwalk & Rowayton

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.