Contact Us
Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton
Return to your home site


Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Morning Update: School Districts Announce Early Dismissals Due To Heat

Fire Leaves So. Norwalk Man Homeless

A fire apparently started by a wood stove heavily damaged a South Norwalk home Thursday, prompting one of its occupants to wonder, "What am I going to do now?"

Tom Green of 26 Neptune Ave. was on a cell phone, explaining the situation as firefighters battled the flames burned through the roof at about 1:30 p.m. "You don't know how bad it is," he said.

Members of the Norwalk Fire Department cut a hole in the roof to gain access to the fire. Other firefighters maneuvered inside, smashing out part of a side wall.

Green said the fire was started by the first floor wood-burning stove. He shares the main part of the home with four other men, and a woman has an apartment in the back.

"My other roommate doesn't even know yet, he just left," he said.

As he stood outside watching, he had his 4-year-old dog Eddie at his side. Green, a musician for 33 years, was worried about his computers and his guitars. "That's my life," he said.

He also has a parakeet, but expected it to be okay. "She's pretty resilient," he said.

Follow The Daily Norwalk on Facebook.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Norwalk Daily Voice!

Serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.