NORWALK, Conn. – A house fire that became fatal began Norwalk’s week in news. Here are some more of Norwalk’s top stories from the past week.
- A fire started in a Pettom Road house early Sunday morning , sending its occupants to the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport for treatment. Michael Ness, 22, died of his injuries two days later.
- Norwalk’s unemployment rate remained at 6.7 percent for the second straight month in July, according to numbers released by the Department of labor this week.
- EVEN Hotels announced plans to take over the space formerly occupied by the Four Points by Sheraton on Main Avenue.
- Connecticut will see another effect of the Affordable Care Act this October, when the state's healthcare exchange, Access Health CT , goes live.
- Norwalk Public Schools return to session later this week. Here are some tips for a healthy school year from local doctors and nurses.
- In police news, Norwalk police made an arrest in the robbery of an ice cream truck driver earlier this summer over the weekend.
- The results of this year’s ACT exams were made public this week, and Connecticut students beat national average in all four subjects.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.