FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield resident William Dong pleaded not guilty to weapons charges Tuesday in connection with a gun scare last month at the University of New Haven, NBC Connecticut reported on its website.
Dong's attorney says he entered the plea in Milford Superior Court on state charges, including illegal possession of an assault weapon and breach of peace.
Federal charges of unlawful transport of a semi-automatic Bushmaster rifle were also lodged last week against the 23-year-old Fairfield man.
Dong was carrying two loaded handguns on the West Haven campus Dec. 3 and had the Bushmaster and bullets in his car parked nearby, police have said. The campus was locked down more than four hours.
Police say they found 2,700 rounds of ammunition and newspaper clippings about the Aurora, Colo., theater shooting in Dong's bedroom in his Fairfield home.
“I don’t know what it was, but something bad was going to happen either yesterday or sometime in the future,” Fairfield Police Chief Gary MacNamara said last month after the search of Dong's home on Stratfield Road.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say