FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- An inch of rain could fall on Fairfield County with a strong storm expected to start overnight and last into morning commute on Thursday, June 5, according to the National Weather Service.
Rain is forecast to start sometime after 3 a.m. Thursday, with the heaviest rainfall and thunderstorms expected as morning breaks and commuters hit the roads. The chance of rain is forecast at 80 percent, according to the forecast.
The rain is expected to end by early afternoon on Thursday, with temperatures only reaching the mid to high 60s, according to the forecast.
A spectacular weekend to hit the beach is expected after the rain, however, with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80s.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk