Contact Us
Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton
Return to your home site

Menu

Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: ID Released For Man Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train
news

Death Of UConn Student From Norwalk Ruled An Accidental Drug Overdose

A freshman from Norwalk was found dead in his dorm room at the University of Connecticut in Storrs.
A freshman from Norwalk was found dead in his dorm room at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. Photo Credit: University of Connecticut

NORWALK, Conn. — A University of Connecticut freshman from Norwalk who was found dead in his dorm room in Storrs last month died of an accidental drug overdose, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said Thursday.

Sean Sullivan, an economics major who graduated from Norwalk High School, had five different drugs in his system, according to the medical examiner.

He died of "acute intoxication from the combined effects" of fentanyl, diphenhydramine, doxylamine, alprazolam and amphetamine, the medical examiner said. It was ruled an accidental death.

"It is with great sadness that we share with you the passing of one of our students ... [who] passed away unexpectedly," a statement from UConn said at the time.

UConn spokesman Stephanie Reitz said that police had been called to Grange Hall shortly before noon Oct. 3 on a report that a student was discovered unresponsive in his room.

Medics tried unsuccessfully to revive him, Reitz said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Norwalk Daily Voice!

Serves Norwalk & Rowayton

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.