FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — With another big storm lashing Fairfield County, Connecticut Light & Power says it has extra resources in the region ready to respond to power outages Wednesday evening.
High winds were predicted along the shoreline of Connecticut, CL&P says.
"In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, additional utility resources remain on the job throughout the company's service area, and line and tree workers are staged around the state in areas expected to be impacted by the nor'easter," the company said in a news release.
Customers can report outages and check for updates on restoration on the company's website.
The company also urges its customers to be prepared for outages by stocking a storm kit. CL&P’s "Shopping for a Storm Kit" video on YouTube can help you prepare with the following items:
· Flashlights with spare batteries
· A battery-operated radio or TV
· First-aid kit and medications
· Canned, freeze-dried or dehydrated foods
· A manual can opener
· Bottled water
· Baby or pet supplies (if needed)
· Important phone numbers
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured